9/15/13

Becoming a Woman of Purpose // Chapter 6


Chapter 6 : To Carry Out His Ways in Our Lives

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,    so are my ways higher than your ways    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Sometimes we wonder if He is even involved in what is going on. Certainly His ways are not our ways! But He is sovereign,He has a plan, He loves us and He has His own ways of working all things together for good.
  • To work His ways
  • To have us acknowledge Him
God's purpose is never man's purpose.. The things that happen do not happen by chance,they happen entirely in the decree of God. God is working out His purposes.
It's a reminder that you cannot live life in your own strength or way; more than anything I want you to learn to depend on Me. Sometimes I need to put you into situation, so that you can see Me working and then you will give Me glory. God ways are not our ways, but His ways are always right, always for His glory, and always for our good.
Over the next few days think about how God works and about His desire to be acknowledged. To help your reflection and application, carefully consider the verses given below.
Hosea 14:8-9
8 Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols?
    I will answer him and care for him.
I am like a flourishing juniper;
    your fruitfulness comes from me.”
9 Who is wise? Let them realize these things.
    Who is discerning? Let them understand.
The ways of the Lord are right;
    the righteous walk in them,
    but the rebellious stumble in them.

Question to guide your medication.
-What is the best response I can have to God's ways in my life?
-What blessings are mine when I walk in His ways?



0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento