8/27/13

Becoming a Woman of Purpose // Chapter 1-5

Chapter 1: A People Who Will Reflect His Glory

Revelation 4:11
 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
    to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
    and by your will they were created
    and have their being.”

Commit your whole life and future into my hands. Let Me as your Creator and God fulfill in you My perfect design.

  • To receive glory
  • To have a people for His own
Over the next few days think about God's glory and His desire for you to reflect His Glory.

1 Corinthians 10:31
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

- What in my life does not bring God glory?
- How can I become more aware of choosing to honor God in all I do?

Chapter 2 :To Conform Us to Christ

Colossians 1:27
"To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

  • To bring us to Himself
  • To make us like Himself

For He has a plan for us. He uses all sorts of ways to mold us and to bring us to dependence upon Him.

He uses all sorts of ways to mold us and to bring us to dependence upon Him.

Think about God's desire to bring you to Himself and to want to work in you so that you can grow into the likeness of Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:18
"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

- How might I be hindering God's desire to make me like His Son?
- In what way am I a "mirror" for the Lord?

Chapter 3:To Love His People

1 John 3:1
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."

Desires for us to know Him fully and to impart Himself to us. His love is the only love that frees and completes us, love that will truly satisfy us., for it is eternal and unconditional.

  • To love us
  • To be loved

Romans 8:39
"Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Think about God's love for you and His desire for you to return His love.

Isaiah 30:18
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
    therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
    Blessed are all who wait for him!"


- What barriers in my life keep me from receiving God's love?
- How am I blessed by His love?

Chapter 4:To Establish His Kingdom

 Isaiah 46:9-10
 "Remember the former things, those of long ago;
    I am God, and there is no other;
    I am God, and there is none like me. I make known the end from the beginning,
    from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
    and I will do all that I please."

The Lord's grand design for every one is right on schedule and His plan and purpose will be fulfilled. God superintends His world and He knows exactly what is going on with each of us. It's important that we begin to understand God's sovereign rule in our lives because once we do, we will have hope, security, and a desire to persevere.

  • To establish His Sovereignty 
  • To establish His Kingdom

Beloved child of the King, when tragic, unexplainable situation enter my life, I must be willing to wrestle with my Sovereign, to honestly come to Him with my broken heart. I must also be willing be rest in His wise ability to accomplish His purpose in His way for His kingdom and for me.

Think God's sovereignty and what it means to be a citizen of His Kingdom.

Psalm 33:11-12
"The counsel of the Lord stands forever, 
The plans of His heart from generation to generation.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,
The people whom He has chosen for His own."

- In what ways do I overlook God's sovereignty in my understanding of Him?
- In what ways will my life be blessed as I trust in God's sovereign ability to accomplish His purpose in the world and in my own life?

Chapter 5:To Accomplish His Plan for Good


 Romans 8:28-29
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters."

  • To call us to His plan
  • To work for good

It is necessary for me to be reminded that God's perspective on what is good is different from mine. It is enough for me to know that God has called me and that He is continually working everything for His good purpose in my life.

Over the next few days, think about God's calling of you and His work in you for good. To help your reflection and application, carefully consider the verses below.

Ephesians 4:1-2
"As a prisoners for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

- In what ways do I seek to live a life worthy of God's calling?
- How is God working His good- humility, gentleness, patience, and forbearance- into my life? 


0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento