8/19/13

SURRENDER

In our "bootstrap" society, where you tough it up and do it on your own and take pride in being a rugged individualist, the one thing that seems to escape us is being before God on our knees - being before God, aware that we are helpless and allowing him to assist us.

Can you say to Jesus, " This burden's to heavy for me. I want you to be my co- worker. I want you to carry this burden with me. I cannot do it any longer." He says if you will come to him, if you'll allow him to carry that burden with you, His promise is that you will receive rest.

Surrendering our life to Christ means going to Him and saying " I'm yours; use me however you want to." Once you've done this, you can begin to seek His will for your life.

Once we're honest with ourselves about who we are, then God can begin to remold our hearts... in total surrender.

Father, we invite your assistance and guidance and powerful indwelling, because we do not have the strenght to be transformed into your likeness and not be conformed to this world. May we understand more of what it means to say, "It is well with my soul."

The Inspirational Study Bible
Max Lucado

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento